Friday, December 11, 2009

Hello Again Pinhead

Wow. Because Nerdstar is on the older side for pregnancy, and because we went through the fertility place, we got to have our second sonogram today at 8 weeks instead of waiting until week 20 or so. This was one last check up before we have to find an ob/gyn and start seeing them.

Just under 3 weeks ago Pinhead wasn't even 5 mm, today it's at just over 19 mm, or 3/4 of an inch. The heartbeat was 163 bpm which is a little fast, but good. Everything looks fine.

Other than seeing Pinhead, which is amazing, I was also informed I've been miscalculating how far along Nerdstar is by a week, so we're at 8 wks 3 days today. Woohoo!! That's one less week I have to worry about everything under the sun.

So far Nerdstar is feeling fine. This week she started getting a lot more tired in the evenings. But other than that so far so good.

We also bought a little pregnancy journal thingy. Even though we're blogging a lot of this, it'll be cool to have something more tangible.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have been keeping a pregnancy journal too. Mostly it's just bullet points with how I feel that day, symptoms and such. I was so grateful to have done a miscarriage journal with #2 that I could reference during #3, so I figure that if I am ever able to have another baby, I will like to be able to go back and reference when morning sickness stopped, when I started getting contractions, etc.

Good luck and have fun!