Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 23 and Stuff

Nerdstar had another ob appointment last Thursday, everything is still right on target. She's only gained about 2, maybe 3, pounds so far, but Pinhead is growing just fine. Just means she's losing it somewhere else for now. She's got a cute little baby belly! We absolutely love feeling him squirm around in there. But we can never figure out where his head or feet are. He tends to be a bottom dweller down in her belly. And we think he's in tune to her eating schedule because when it's past time he starts kicking!

It's crazy how happy he already makes me. I giggle a lot when we feel him moving. I already think he's the cutest thing ever and we haven't even seen his face.

In the next few weeks we're going to start getting his room ready. We picked out a paint color, but the weather turned cold and wet, so I'm waiting for it to be dry and warm again. We've got a couple of places to go look at furniture - I think the plan is for blue walls and white furniture, then we'll have mostly red and yellow accent stuff like curtains and the lamp.

When I was a little kid my Dad made me a toy box. It was white. I still have it. Seven or eight years ago, when I first tried to get preggers, I decided to be adventurous and paint it in primary colors: red, blue, green and yellow. The other day when we were looking at ceiling fans for the baby room and the guest bedroom, the white one has reversible fan blades. So I put it together so that there are two white fan blades and then one white, one red, one yellow and one blue. It's kinda neat.

It's kinda crazy the amount of stuff we have for a baby/kid. Ok, not the essential gear type stuff, but fun stuff.

In college a lot of my friends were elementary ed majors, so I collected a few children's books along the way. I also have all of my Dr. Seuss books from when I was little. We've got quite a few kids animated movies and cartoons on dvd, and a list of a few more waiting on Amazon. Several years ago, again when we first started thinking about babies and maybe even before, my Mom gave me a lot of Pooh stuff - a piggy bank, lots of the stuffed characters, a set of bookends. It's so cool to get that stuff out of storage and start putting it in his room.

I'm also glad we're both on the same page when it comes to ideas on raising a child. It makes life so much easier!

No comments: