Wednesday, August 11, 2010

After almost 2 weeks....

Hello everyone! Nerdstar here and I just wanted to do a bit of my own update since Noah Maxx was born.

For starters, he is so cute that I'm still finding it hard to believe that he's at least one-half of me! While the GF's parents were here (they just left early this morning), her parents had as much of bonding time as possible with Noah Maxx. He was such a good baby and didn't fuss when it came to being held by people that he didn't know.

However, I am not so sure that hosting a family while we are still trying to get to know Noah Maxx, his schedules and other tendencies was such a good thing. Throughout the GF's family's visit, I was mostly tired and the effect of it was quietness. The GF tried her best to show her family around town a bit and made sure that they've got what they needed when it came to meals and everything. Now you know how family can be, in all its good and bad, and I think in times like this the good and the bad just seem to magnify themselves a bit more. Nevertheless, I am glad that her family got to meet the baby!

So far, Noah Maxx has been starting to cluster feed some, and we're feeding him with both formula and breastmilk. We suspect that he has a clogged tear duct in his left eye, and have been "spot treating" it with breastmilk, since it's got sufficient amount of germ killing antibodies, the GF found that out on the internet. Now only if he can produce poop like he should be, if you remember the GF talking about it a few entries ago, Noah Maxx has been having some trouble pooping, and that was why we have been feeding him both formula and breastmilk so he'll eat enough. Earlier today, after about 39 hours since his last poop, we finally had to get glycerin suppositories for him so hopefully, he'll be able to poop soon. Let me tell you! Inserting anything in the rectum is not my cup of tea!

I'm really looking forward to be spending a few quieter days with the GF and Noah Maxx before I'll have to drag my ass back to work. I got a few extra days of maternity leave time thanks to the fact that Noah Maxx was born a week late.


No comments: