Sunday, August 29, 2010

Peace

I've always had an evil brain. It races around non-stop ninety miles an hour.

When I was in middle school and high school I played trombone in the band. In high school, I was fortunate enough to be in the jazz band. It was the one hour a day I didn't think about anything other than playing the music. By my senior year, that one hour a day probably saved my sanity, if not my life.

Several years ago, when we lived in Austin, I finally bought a motorcycle. Riding out in the hill country is fun and beautiful. Like playing music, riding takes up all my thoughts, and also seems to drive the unnecessary ones out. I don't ride very often here in the DC area, but every once in a while I'll still take it out for a ride and enjoy the blue skies and green trees.

And now, sitting and holding little Noah Maxx not only brings peace to my brain, it brings a joy to my heart.

1 comment:

Val said...

Very true! Nothing quite like the zen that you get from holding your child!