Friday, October 22, 2010

Updated Kitchen

We moved into our house about a year and a half ago. We love the floor plan and the big rooms. Everything in the kitchen was new, but it didn't have a pantry. We have some tall, black bookshelves I built a few years ago that we used for storage, but the kitchen always looked messy and cluttered.

We were some of the lucky home buyers who qualified for the $8,000 tax refund and I hoped we'd be able to do something with the kitchen with it, but we had to wait until Noah was born and all other expenses were taken care of.

This week, I finally found a contractor and had three changes made.

This is our new pantry. I'm really happy with it.



I had the backsplash done to add a better sense of the kitchen being finished.


And last but not least, we changed out the light fixture. The other one was bigger and just didn't seem right in the space. I like the simplicity of this one.


The reason I say "I" in this post and now "we" is that although Nerdstar helped pick things out, it was pretty much my project to get done. No, I didn't use the entire $8,000.

2 comments:

Ann said...

It looks great! I'd be lost w/o a pantry. BTW, love the canister set with the hearts on it.

beth said...

Ann - I actually made those in a pottery class I took in college. Yeah, I have no idea how you have a kitchen w/out a pantry!