Thursday, November 18, 2010

16 Weeks

He's growing and changing slowly but surely. I love watching the little changes and am in no hurry. Although, it'll be nice when he can sit up and can start eating solids. I think he's going to love it. Some nights at dinner, Nerdstar will have him in her lap and he'll watch each bite go from her plate to her mouth. It's so cute. It'll also be nice when he can sit in a grocery cart and not have to lug around the car seat.

He's 95% done with pacifiers now that he's 95% mastered sucking his thumb instead. This means he's now swaddled with one arm out and he's really good at getting to sleep. The other morning he woke up at 5 a.m. and was just lying there talking to himself for a while. He pretty much wakes up anywhere from 5 a.m. to 6:30 a.m., I'd say 5:30 being the most common this week. The good thing about that is that Nerdstar gets to spend some time with him before going to work. The crazy part has been when he's gone to sleep at 4 or 5 p.m. and seemed all set to sleep through the night - except we had to wake him up about 7 or 7:30 to feed him and change him and get him ready for bed. He's missed a few baths. He goes back to sleep well if we wake him, so it hasn't been a problem.

I love that he wakes up happy and gives us big smiles when we go get him out of bed. I've never been a morning person, so all of this ass early waking up is tough on me, but his smile sure does help make it better. I told Nerdstar the other night that my 16 year old self is laughing her butt off that I go to bed at 9 p.m. on a Friday and Saturday night. My 30 year old self is probably laughing just as hard. I'm more amused at taking naps at 8 a.m.

He's not quite rolling over yet. He's been more content to lay on his back and check everything out and watch the dog. He's getting better at tummy time, but mostly likes to lay there and suck on his arm.

Yesterday we went to a friend's house with about six other moms and their kids for music time. He loved it so much. He sat on my lap and chatted up a storm and wiggled around. I guess our little fellow is going to be a social dude. I hope so.

Then this morning he was getting much closer to rolling over and just seems to ready to be in motion. I think he'd rather go straight to walking, he loves to stand up on our laps. Maybe seeing all the other kids yesterday inspired him.

His poor eczema is getting better with the new meds, but it seems to just keep popping up in new spots on his face. We hope and pray he grows out of it eventually.

I'm still so very happy to have my handsome boy to spend my days with.

No comments: