Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Usually, before I blog, there are thoughts that roam around my brain until I find some that I like and think go together and then form some sort of order. Then I'll sit down and type away and see what actually comes out.

First, there are just no words to say how thankful I am for Noah. That he exists. That he's ours. That he's healthy and happy and growing and sweet and smart and strong. That he smiles and laughs when he sees us. If you have read any of my old blog, you know that every year for eight years I said how much I wanted a house and a baby. When you want something for so long, there's always the chance that reality won't be what you imagined. Being his mom is exactly what I imagined it to be, if not a little better.

Which leads to this new-found contentment inside. It's kinda strange for me. I'm not sure I can say he's made me a better person, yet. But I think the process has at least started.

The three of us are staying home this Thanksgiving. We decided that flying to Texas for Thanksgiving or Christmas with a four/five month old would be too much. We're headed to Austin at the end of March and my family will meet us down there for a lot of food and fun. I'm a little sad for my parents, that they don't get to be with their grandson on the holidays, but they understand.

Noah and I did the grocery shopping for tomorrow on Monday. I apologized to him that this year he doesn't get to eat any of the good stuff. I told him he's got a month to master sitting up and maybe he'll get something good on Christmas.

No comments: