Friday, December 10, 2010

First Cereal

At his last checkup, the doc said we could start him on solids. Because he's not sitting up on his own yet, I thought we'd wait a little longer. Then, the last few nights he's been eating around 7:30 p.m. and waking up between midnight and 1 hungry again, then waking up around 5:30 or 6 for his first breakfast. He had been sleeping through the night. That was our clue to give cereal a try.

I bought a bag of whole grain brown rice last week, and finally ground it up in the Cuisinart last night. This morning after making coffee and biscuits and sausage for Nerdstar and I (this is an amazing feat for a non-morning person) I thought I'd go ahead and make Noah some rice cereal. Thankfully we had just enough time for Nerdstar to feed him before leaving for work.

We can't believe how well he did on his first try. Here's hoping he continues to eat so well!


No comments: