Wednesday, March 2, 2011

7 Months

Our little boy isn't so much a little boy anymore. He's got two bottom teeth. He's tall and skinny (I'd say at least 28/29 inches tall). He's about to outgrow all of his winter clothes, which are 9 month old size. We bought him a bunch of new clothes last weekend, most of them for warmer weather and they're all in the 12 month size. I'll be glad when he can run around in t-shirts and diapers! He'll just be glad when he can run around!

Every night when we go to bed, we talk about how cute he is, how good he is, how amazing he is! We honestly can't believe our luck. Although, I am getting closer to taking just a little bit of credit. More than anything, I'm so glad he's still a happy, mellow kid.

He and I have a pretty good routine most days. He's still eating about every three hours, still napping pretty well most days, and the rest of the time is playing in his big boy chair, rolling around on the floor, or in his bouncy chair. Hopefully soon it'll be warm enough to spend some time outside. Nerdstar has a good early morning and then night time routine with him.

He still loves going out to restaurants. We went to Joe's Crab Shack a week or so ago and he had the best time ever watching all the lights and stuff hanging from the ceiling and watching all the people. He loves watching other kids run around and you can just feel how much he wants to run around with them. Now that the weather is better, I'm working on taking him to at least one of the mom's group meetups each week. It's good for both of us!

I waited so long to have a kid, and I can't express how happy I am he's a part of our lives. I love staying home with him and playing with him and watching him grow and change all the time.

Just the past couple of days, we started tickling him and it makes him laugh a lot. I love it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

If Noah likes to go out to restaurants, I highly recommend getting a hook on high chair, they're so handy to have (we have the Chicco TravelSeat Hook on Chair). It lets Amelia be right at table height and she's attached to the table, so she doesn't go anywhere :)

Not sure if you remember me, but I'm Michelle from Denver - you and Ramen stayed overnight with my girlfriend at the time and me on your way across the country. I'm now the local hasbien, married with an 11 month old, but I love reading your blog!

Beth said...

Of course I remember you! You two were so gracious to let me stay, and even take me to that play!

He's actually getting big enough/tall enough to sit in high chairs.

Congrats on the marriage and 11 month old! You still blogging?

Michelle said...

I haven't been blogging, but I really need to get back to it! Baby pictures are just too cute not to post :) I just can't believe she's almost a year old! Time flies.