Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ideas

Many, many years ago, I had an idea for a business called Stress Break. I'd set up a space where people could come and break things, use a punching bag, use a sledge hammer to beat up an old car - things like that to release stress. The beauty was they wouldn't have to clean up the mess. The biggest reason I quit throwing/breaking things when I got mad was because then I'd just have to go get, or clean up, whatever it was.

Anyway. I know someone out in Cali actually tried the idea. No idea if it's still in business.

Today, though, I got to thinking how cool it would be to find somewhere kinda quiet, a park bench on a nice day would be perfect, and just set out a sign that says "You Talk, I'll Listen." And do just that.

When I was younger, I was one of those people that people would tell pretty much anything to. I always appreciated that. I sometimes miss conversations like that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I knew a family that had an unfinished room in their basement where family members could go to blow off steam. They had buckets of paint in there and you could fling paint around to vent your rage. Also an interesting idea...

countingchickens said...

I love the you talk I'll listen idea! I think if I saw someone with that sort of sign I'd lean over and whisper a secret.