Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Not Excited

When I got sick with nausea for four days back at the end of April, I told Nerdstar I had a suspicion it was gallstones. My Mom, and come to find out, my grandmother both had them at a younger age than I am now. I got an ultrasound done a couple of weeks ago, and sure enough, there they were. Not very many, and not currently causing any problems. I met with a general surgeon just over a week ago and he said it was pretty much up to me when to get the surgery done. I asked if I could wait up to a year, and he said sure.

It was kind of a hard call to go ahead and get the surgery done when I'm not having any symptoms at all. But, my folks were already planning to be here for a few days at the end of next month for Noah's birthday, so that seemed like a good time. I figure it's better to get it done before things get worse.

That said, I can't say I'm thrilled about it. I've never had any kind of surgery. I know this is a relatively minor one, but you never know.

So. Yep. That's the fun news lately.

1 comment:

Val said...

Just get it over with ... You will be better and you'll have people helping you.... The good news -- a little pain afterwards and either you'll be on drugs or asleep! Be brave!