Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Buttons and Stairs

It appears we're in a stage where Noah is doing new things all the time. A few weeks ago we bought him a helicopter that plays music and stuff. Last week he figured out how to push the buttons to get it to play different songs. I think we only showed him that a few times.

He's been pulling up on just about everything in the house for a couple of weeks now. He's not walking, though. I try to get him to practice, but it's too slow, so he speed crawls around instead. As I've said, we spend most of time upstairs. There's a gate at the top of the stairs because he is fearless and would go head-first down the stairs given half a chance. But yesterday we were downstairs before heading out to run errands and he crawled over to the stairs and pulled himself up on the first one. I had a feeling he was going to start climbing up so I stood behind him. Sure enough, he just started climbing on up - no hesitation. I let him get about four stairs up before getting him down.

We keep saying he's been ready to run since he was two or three months old. It's crazy to watch him get closer and closer to being able to. We have no idea how we're going to keep up with him!

2 comments:

meridith said...

that's terrific! before you know it, he'll be trying to take them 2 at a time!

Beth said...

It's crazy how well he did on his first try! And he's got so much energy today I wish he could run so I could send him outside!