Thursday, May 3, 2012

He's Still On Meth

We can only assume Noah is in another growth spurt. It's that or he's just evil. The kid won't go to sleep. He just wants to play and play and play. He wakes up around 8 - 8:30 in the morning. He takes maybe a two hour nap starting between 1:30 - 2:30 or 3:00. Then he stays up until 10 or 11.

Now, I know that sounds like he's sleeping. But it's wearing us out. He's a very busy boy.

He's also eating (the same 10 things) every three or four hours. Plus diluted apple juice and 3 or 4 bottles of milk - 4 oz at a time.

Part of what's so bad about his not sleeping is that I've been trying to do a work from home job and have to do 3 hours a day, 7 days a week. It was supposed to last for seven weeks, but it looks like it'll end a week or so from today. It's just impossible to work when the boy is awake. So, now instead of getting some down time or cleaning up a little while he naps, I have to work.

All of this means I'm more tired and grumpy than I'd like to be. This morning I almost told him "I don't want to beat you today, but I will if I have to". What sucks about that is, it's not really him - he's the same happy, busy, into everything boy every day. It's me.

None of this will last forever. It might not even last a year. But I tell you what, this being a SAHM is for much younger women!

No comments: