Sunday, June 3, 2012

This and That

Noah has slept until after 8 both days this weekend. Fantastic. But, he didn't get a nap yesterday. Last week he was mostly up around 5 a.m. We'll see how things go this week.

Today, him and Nerdstar and out and about - getting Vietnamese food (for her) and going to the Korean bakery and grocery store. I've got the house to myself! I'm cleaning the kitchen floor, paying bills, mowing the yard - and then doing some good sofa time!

Yesterday, Noah and I were out in the front yard and a couple of the neighborhood boys were out there. He went right over to them to "hang out". After a while, he hugged on them a few times. One of the boys asked why he did that. I said "Well, because he's sweet and he hasn't learned not to yet."

Last weekend, my 11 year old nephew came to visit. Noah was so happy to have him around. He watched him, sometimes imitated him, and hugged and sat on him. It really is crazy how he should have had a big brother. We often joke that whoever hands out babies didn't quite get him right - but we're so, so happy he's ours!

This weekend has also had more examples of how different he behaves for me and for Nerdstar. She just has a soft, gooey center and pets and kids know this! Yesterday he was determined to go somewhere in the car, when she tried to get him out of the car he cried and cried and threw himself on the ground. I was inside wondering what in the world. Then Nerdstar came in - he was still in the car. We needed to go to Costco, so we figured might as well go. She went to fix him some snacks so we could go eat afterwards and I finally went out to the car. He was just sitting there all happy, waiting to go. I told him he was a crazy baby!

The weather is amazing. Getting good sleep is also amazing.

No comments: