Friday, October 19, 2012

Just a Little Entry

We keep meaning to update around here, but just don't seem to get around to it.

I realized the other day that Noah is already a teenage boy when it comes to some of his sleep habits.  He's definitely a night owl.  (Ok, maybe he gets that from us.)  His bedtime is still around 10-10:30 p.m.  He gets up most mornings between 8:15 and 9 a.m.  Yes, we know those two things are related.  But as a life-long late sleeper, it's so, so hard to get me and him up earlier.

The part that might be most teenage like is that once he wakes up, and yells for us until we get up to his room, he doesn't want out of his crib immediately.  Nope, he wants to lounge around in there for another fifteen, twenty, thirty minutes until I finally convince him to get. out. of. bed.

Also, pants and socks are ok.  Shirts not so much.  Even now that it's getting colder.  And he thinks those cold little baby boy nipples are fun to touch.  Heh.

2 comments:

countingchickens said...

I'm just catching up - Noah has been super busy in the last couple of months! I'd sleep in too! RR is also a late sleeper but goes down at 7 - to fuel her special brand of crazy I guess. What's the old adage? Never wake a sleeping baby? I say we stick with it til someone makes us stop.

Beth said...

Hey! Yeah, we know most toddlers have to get up for parents' work or day care and stuff - so they also tend to go to bed earlier. Every once in a while we have to wake him up in the morning to be somewhere, or I'll wake him up if his nap is going to go over 3 hours.