Sunday, November 11, 2012

As of lately.....

    Evening!  It's Noah's other mom taking the helm of this blog for today.  I wanted to say, first of all, happy veteran's day to all who have served and are still, fortunately, around, and also to those who had served and gave literally all.  I'm happy to be here, with my army days behind me and very grateful!
    So, if you can, buy that someone who you see in uniform a beer or a dessert.  It's people like that who went out of their way so people like you and me can live our lives in freedom.
  
    Onto our little update....

    Noah has been growing in leaps and bounds, not just physically (as I am writing this, based on the amount of food that he had consumed in the last few days, I'd say that he has hit another growth spurt.), but also cognitively in terms of saying more words, understanding more, and making progress with his speech therapy.  While technically, he is still somewhat behind in a few areas, you cannot find a better-tempered child and I would not trade him for 100 gifted and talented children!
    In the daytime life, my current job is going alright so far, and I am still really happy about the shorter commute.  As with all jobs as a contractor, I have no idea how long I'll be at this one, but as long as I am working and each place is better than the former one, I'm a happy camper!
    I hope the Mrs. feels the same way when I say that with Noah, I am not in a hurry to have him all grown up, rather, I am enjoying every stage of his young life so far, and that just about everyday, there are neat things coming from him.   On the other side of the coin, this has also been one of the most physically trying times ever in my life. For a person who likes her 8 hours a night, that doesn't always happen anymore.
    Still, I'm grateful in my "always trying to keep up-ness"!  Grateful that so far, we are fairly healthy, are able to pay our bills, that Noah is the neatest kid ever, and the Mrs. and I both get to play a part of his growing! 

No comments: