Thursday, November 1, 2012

Post Sandy and Post Katrina

So far I've put all of my thoughts about Hurricane Sandy on facebook.  Sitting here this evening, watching coverage on several different news casts makes me so sad.  I have so many different emotions.  Oddly, I think I have some small amount of guilt - we were hit by the same storm, and suffered nothing from it.  I can only imagine the devastation so many are going through.

I'm sure I'm not the only one remembering back to Katrina.  We lived in Kansas City when it hit, but being a Texan, my heart went out to the Gulf Coast.  Also, not long after Nerdstar and I got together, we started our first long road trip in New Orleans and Biloxi.

Back when Katrina hit I wasn't working and decided to go stay with my family down in Dallas so I could volunteer and help some of the people coming into the Dallas area after the storm.  This evening I decided to go back and see what I'd written about that.

Volunteering After Katrina  scroll down to the first of the month and read up.

If we didn't have Noah, I'd probably be very tempted this time as well to try to find a way to go help.

I will say, back then, and now, I've never been a big fan of the Red Cross.

No comments: