Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Viewing Habits

Noah has developed some pretty specific viewing habits.  I've mentioned on FB that he LOVES Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.  (Don't worry, you're not the only one who's never heard of it.)  Seriously, check it out on you.tube.  There were six or seven seasons, but only the first season is available on dvd.  I read they're all on i.tunes, but we don't have that on the computer he uses to watch stuff.  Anyway...

He also likes to watch the videos we've taken of him.  He gets to watch those on my lap in the mid-mornings while I surf.  He gets to watch FHFIF in the evenings when we eat dinner.

Over thanksgiving, he started saying "T" to refer to the tv.  We took his FHFIF dvds and Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro.  He will sit through both of those, usually 1/2 at a time.  They are absolutely beautiful and mostly calm.  We have no idea why he likes them, but he does and that's ok with us.  He's getting Howl's Moving Castle for Christmas.

Our tv is downstairs, he and I still spend all of our "home" time upstairs.  He's getting to where he'll ask for "T" time about once a day, or when we come in or out of the house.  So, we'll come down and snuggle on the sofa - he has already picked out "his" spot on the sofa - and watch one of his two movies.

I've put in Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, Lion King, and Monster's Inc.  Can't say he liked any of them.  Ok.

He also doesn't like the cartoons on Sprout or Nick, Jr.  And for that, I thank God.

No comments: