Tuesday, April 23, 2013

14 Years!

Today is the 14th anniversary for these two bad moms.  It's hard to wrap my head around that many years.  7 in Austin, 7 in other parts of the country.  So many road trips.  So many moves.  And our boy Noah.

Heh, it's actually 15 years.  We're so old and it's been so long...  we'll chalk it up to motherhood.

I wrote this back in 2003 for my first blog.


A Little History
updated December 1, 2003
In March of 1999 I was recovering from a devastated heart and was totally bored. The two years prior to that I'd met a lot of women online and those "flames" tended to burn out pretty fast. I hadn't seriously dated anyone since I'd broken up with my first girlfriend about eight years earlier. I was also getting a little tired of being alone all the time and was dying to get laid.

One Wednesday night, I met Nerdstar in a chat room and a couple of hours later talked her into calling me. It was funny. I suggested that she call and she's like "when?" and I'm like "NOW". So, she did. We talked for a couple of hours. She'll tell you she was hooked from that moment. She really liked my voice and could tell I smelled nice. (I'm still questioning how that was possible!) At the end of the phone conversation I said, "come on up and see me." She was living in Houston with her grandparents at the time. She said, "when?" I said, "well, what are you doing this Friday?" I think she was too in shock to say no.

That first night was a precursor of so many things it's not even funny in retrospect! She calls at one point about two blocks from my apartment complex and says where she is. AN HOUR LATER, I find her wandering around the parking lot in front of my building. I should have known then it will always take her an hour to do something that should take ten minutes. I'm still getting used to that.

To make us both a little less nervous we go out for dinner. We just went to Chili's, very safe. All thru dinner she speaks only in nonsequiturs. After almost every sentence she spoke I'd think "huh?" This was clue number two of how things would be. She's not the best in the world at communication. What was working to her advantage that night is that I was looking to make out not make conversation - hehehehehehe. At this point I'm thinking, ok, she's nice enough, she came all this way, and she's cute... what the heck.

We go back to my apartment and are hanging out and she asks if I still want that massage. I say, "sure". At that point she goes to this grocery bag she's brought, pulls out the wine, the candles, the massage oil, the works. I was impressed!!

Some background... she had told me she was new at this whole lesbian thing. She'd had a weekend fling with a guy while in the army, but other than that had never really dated anyone and had never had sex. And she's 27 at this point. How crazy is that?

We hung out all day Saturday, went out to eat and stuff. Then Sunday when it came time for her to head back to Houston she kept saying, "five more minutes" until it was about 8 p.m.

The next weekend she came to see me too. But then, she was about to have Army reserve drill for two weeks. On another wednesday, we're on the phone and I suggest we meet halfway between Austin and Houston for a night before she has to leave for drill. Unfortunatley, on my way there my car broke down. But, we both finally make it there. The next day she suggests that we get my car back to Austin, then I drive her to Houston and keep her car while she's gone. At this point I've known this girl for two weeks. This was another hint of how things would be - she takes great care of me!!

I went to see her a couple of times while she was at drill. The advantages of being a lesbian sometimes cracks me up! It was no big deal for her to sneak me into her room in her barracks.

About a week after drill and she's back in Houston I talk her into moving in with me and finding a job in Austin. The timing was good for her because she had just finished a class she was taking and was looking for a job down there.

I always tell her she's a one night stand who still hasn't left. It's your typical lesbian U-haul story.

No comments: