Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day Two of Pre-School

Noah went to bed a little early last night.  I told Nerdstar that had me worried about how early he would  wake up.  Well, he woke up around 3:30 or so with either a nightmare or a really empty tummy.  He really wanted a cup of milk when she got up there!  Poor boy didn't have his usual number of pre-bedtime snacks.

Anyway.  He was tired when I got him up this morning.  I don't usually have to wake him up, it's not pretty when I do.  He was happy to get dressed.  Then, he didn't want his morning juice, or any snacks, or to watch George. He wanted to go downstairs and out to the car Right Then.  Well, ok, it was only twenty minutes before we needed to go downstairs and to the car.

Thankfully, there's a long way we can take to get to his pre-school.  Then, there was one of his favorite songs on the iPod before getting out of the car.

Because it had been a morning of NOs, I was pretty sure getting him into the classroom wouldn't go smoothly.  He walked away down the hall, then he hid behind my legs, and just really didn't want to go.  He came close to tears, but there weren't any.

It didn't take more than a couple of minutes though to get him into the classroom - his teacher was really helpful.

Generally, once he's re-directed to something he's happy.  But still, driving away, I was a little worried.

When I went to pick him up, one of the assistants told me how much fun he had with water colors, naming all the colors.  And he played with playdough.

Coming out of the classroom, he was all smiles and laughing again and telling me what he could about eating his snacks.

The note in his backpack said he was better today about paying attention to the teachers for clues about what to be doing.

All in all, day two seemed to be a success.

4 comments:

countingchickens said...

Sounds so exciting for him! Ruby's meltdowns tend to come on the third day of a new school so I hope you skate past that milestone!

Beth said...

I think it helps that it's every other day, and that the only reason he's there is because he likes to play with kids.

Steph Lovelady said...

I found your blog on VillageQ. I have a Noah, too, but mine's in 7th grade. We also have a 2nd grader named June. Big kids are fun, too, but we look back on those preschool days fondly. Congrats on a good start to the school year.

Beth said...

Steph - thanks for reading! Noah and June are cool names!