Monday, September 9, 2013

First day of Pre-School


Our boy had his first morning of pre-school today.  We've been talking to him about school, and going to play with kids, and having snack time, for a few days.  We know that until he's been to school a few times and puts it together with the words, it's hard for him to understand.  But that's ok.  Mostly he just wants to go play with kids.

He was pretty excited when we got there.  He walks through the school naming all the things on the walls.  He's not good at standing still, yet.  And he pretty much ran into the classroom and started playing.  I'm sure the other moms thought I'd filled him with his morning coffee.  He was the only kid not standing quietly by their mother.

I realized today what a "presence" he has.  He's not hyper, but his energy takes up a lot of space and the house really does feel empty without him!

After I dropped him off, I went to the grocery store and got a few things.  I came home and worked on mowing the back yard some more.  And I went to the mall to Bath and Body Works and got a lot of hand soaps.  Yes, I missed Noah.

When I went to pick him up, he would have been happy to stay and play a lot longer!  But he was also happy to see me.  He was laughing as we walked to the car.

Once home it was time for a snack and juice and a nap!

This is when I wish more than anything he had the language skills to tell us all about it!!

No comments: