Thursday, July 30, 2015

Mornings

For most of the summer he wakes up between 7:30 and 8:30 and plays in his bed for a while.  This means I got to sleep in until 8:30!  Then we sort of hung out, I made coffee and he had apple juice.  We'd eat some sort of breakfasts, toast for me, granola or gold fish for him.  He'd watch lego videos on you.tube while I caught up on FB and news.  Very leisurely.
Just a few of those days left this summer. 

Noah has had to be at day camp at 9 am this week (and then will do another one week after next).  It's been good to get a feel for how our mornings will go when school starts.

First, I fully intend to get Noah an alarm clock as soon as possible.  Ok, that's still a couple of years away, but still... 

Now, when I go in to get him up, he's a little but awake, but still sleepy.  (We're working on earlier bedtimes as well!)  Then he decides it's time to go brush his teeth.  I talk him into peeing.  Then have to talk him into getting dressed.  We do some juice and snacks.  He's a slow eater, so this all takes 35-40 minutes.  This does not include time for me to make coffee or shower.  I have a feeling there will be a majority of mornings I don't shower before taking him to school.  Oh well.  I'm learning to live with that. 

I'm just glad he's happy when he wakes up, and his slightly ocd self will get the hang of a morning routine pretty easily, I think.

No comments: