Friday, April 21, 2017

God is Good Part Two

How funny I never got around to publishing the previous post.  Probably so many reasons for that. 

I can't really explain the last four months at this time.  I have traveled from one of the darkest times in my life to one of at least renewed hope and optimism.  Ching has had her own journey during this time as well.  I'll leave that to her if she decides to share.  I tend to see these journeys at Divine intervention.  In the darkness I was able to reach out to a couple of friends just enough to ask for prayer. 

Anyway. 

The other night we took Noah to his first concert.  We've been listening to Clean Bandit since Rather Be was getting decent air play.  When Ching saw they'd be playing at DC's 9:30 Club we thought Noah would really enjoy it, even if it did fall on a school night!  Zara Lasson was the opening act, and while I didn't know her name, I had heard a few of her songs.  She's really good.  Noah seemed to like her music, he was sort of head banging and then dancing his little heart out.  It filled my heart with joy for him.  We didn't get to hear all of Clean Bandit's set, but that was ok. 

It was also refreshing to me to get out and hear some live music and recall all the shows we went to see back when we lived in Austin.  It did my heart and soul good. 

Back to the previous post and Ching's job situation.  It ended up even more convoluted than written.  The company that took a chance and hired her before they knew if they'd won the contract - did NOT win the contract.  Sigh.  Once again, though, the recruiters there were so cool and found Ching another job within the company.  Even better, it got her back to her previous salary.  Worse, it's now at CIA headquarters - which will be her worst commute yet.  Today was her last day at the location she's been at for almost a year and a half. 

Due to the transition period, she's been able to be home in the mornings and cook some breakfast and spend time with Noah.  We're really going to miss that come Monday. 

As for me and the real estate endeavor - I'll try to write about that later.  So far, nothing is happening.  But I'm going to keep at it a while longer.  Nothing in the past four months has been conducive to getting a lot done work wise.  We'll see how that is going forward. 

No comments: